Organic Apoteke Pitta Diet Plan: Mostly B
To find out more about Ayurveda and Siddha medicine and body types, go to About Ayurveda & Siddha Medicine.
Pitta’s elemental makeup consists of fire (metabolism and determination) and water. The common translation of pitta is “that which digests things.” This dosha is responsible for our ability to mentally digest our life experiences and biologically digest our food.
Pitta is responsible for all of our chemical and metabolic transformations and the biological processes that controls digestion, metabolism, and energy production. The primary function of Pitta is transformation.
Those with a predominance of the Pitta principle have a fiery temperament.
Pittas are usually of medium body size and weight. They have bright red hair or red highlights even if their hair is black, brown or blonde. Hairloss or thinning hair is also common in a Pitta.
They have excellent digestion, which sometimes leads them to believing they can eat anything. They have a warm body temperature. They sleep soundly for short periods of time and have a strong sex drive.
When in balance, Pittas have a lustrous complexion, perfect digestion, abundant energy, and a strong appetite. When out of balance, Pittas may suffer from skin rashes, burning sensations, peptic ulcers, excessive body heat, heartburn, indigestion, acne and severe painful breakouts on skin.
Pittas have a powerful intellect and a strong ability to concentrate. When they’re in balance, they are good decision makers, teachers, and speakers. They are precise, sharp-witted, direct, and often outspoken.
Out-of-balance Pittas can be short-tempered and argumentative.
Habits to Balance Pitta
- Wake before 6am, sleep before 10pm.
- Immediately after rising have a cup of hot water with the juice of ½ lemon added.
- Cleanse the mouth and teeth with mild paste, you may use any of the minty toothpastes.The best time for you to meditate is between 6 and 7 am. Just practice 20 minute of meditation during this time. This may mean just sitting still and paying attention to your thoughts. Meditation Techniques most useful for you will be provided as the plan progresses.
- If you don’t exercise regularly then start to engage in mild exercise like I-Yoga Gentle Yoga Sequence and after a week begin doing the I-Yoga Sun Salutation. Initially complete 6 cycles and build yourself up to 12 cycles. The entire sequence takes between 6 and 12 minutes to complete.
- After yoga, use a body brush or very rough loofah to exfoliate your skin.
- The best thing that you can use on your skin if it is oily is yogurt with a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil added to the yogurt. Massage onto the face and body and shower immediately thereafter. If areas of skin are dry use coconut oil with a few drops of lavender on those areas.
- Pitta types tend to have regular breakouts, the Detox Face Mask is the ideal product for them. It reduces inflammation and heals the Pitta breakouts. This is the product that every Pitta should have.
- The Active Face Hydrating Gel also moisturises Pitta skin while balancing oil production and closing open pores.
- Ensure that the water used to bath or shower is lukewarm or tepid. Never use very hot water. Pat dry with soft towels, apply more coconut oil if weather is especially dry.
- You need to eat breakfast before 8am. Most suitable breakfast for you is a fruit smoothie with fruits from the list below. Use a variety of different combinations every day. Avoid caffeine – you may have Redbush tea or Liquorice Tea as alternatives to coffee and tea.
- Ensure that you participate in a group activity, like a team sport, rowing a book club or such to promote cooperation.
- To completely relax go find a natural area where you are able to go hiking. An area close to water – sea, lake, stream or pond would be ideal.
- You should swim regularly for exercise.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, sunbathing, and hot tubs.
- The colours that we wear have an effect on our mood. Colours that help balance Pita are: blues, and greens. There is no need to wear an entire outfit in these colours but treat yourself to a winter scarf if you do not already have one in this colour.
Your Lean Jan Detox Plan Food List
These are the items that you can eat on a regular basis during the program. You may download Your Personalised Lean Jan Detox Plan.
Coconut (especially milky ones) or coconut milk,
Pineapple - only ripe and sweet,
Avoid sour or unripe fruits.
Vegetable: All vegetable must be cooked or steamed.
Sweet onions - cooked,
Zucchini or Courgette
Avoid especially orange or red colored vegetables (red peppers, carrots, pumpkins, tomatoes). Unfortunately, tomatoes aren’t the best for you right now. Mixed baby greens are the only vegetable that you can eat raw at this time of year.
Whole grain buckwheat,
Avoid gluten-containing grains (wheat, rye, spelt) and corn during the Detox Program.
All legumes or beans are good for you except for kidney beans and other red beans.
If you must have animal flesh, try freshwater fish and organic poultry.
You may have dairy but use in moderation. The following are best for you.
You may use only ghee or coconut oil to prepare meals. Avoid all other oils and do not consume any fried food.
Nuts and Seeds:
Avoid all the other nuts and seeds as they can be too heating. If nuts and seeds are a main source of protein for you, then sprout them first by soaking overnight in water then laying out to sprout for 1-2 days. You may consume in salad, cereal or as a snack thereafter.
You may use all sweeteners sparingly, but the following are best for you.
Warmed rice or soy milk,
Herbal teas made from Aniseed, Fennel, Liquorice.
If you are prone to hot and irritated skin and swollen joints, then use a Bromelain supplement. Take 440mg daily. Please check with you healthcare provider if this supplement is suitable for you or if may interact with any other medicines that you may be taking.
You may download Your Personalised Lean Jan Detox Plan.