Organic Apoteke Vata-Kapha Diet Plan: Equal A + C
To find out more about Ayurveda and Siddha medicine and body types, go to About Ayurveda & Siddha Medicine.
Dual or mixed physiological types will tend to have characteristics of both its constituent dosha types. The traditional way Ayurveda worked with mixed dosha was to have them change the kinds of foods they eat according to the seasons.
Vata-Kapha is composed of two cool physiological constituents. This may mean that your skin is most often cool to touch, you will have cold hands and feet and you may be more sensitive to cold temperatures than others. However when in balance this cool body type gives you a cool-headed and calm demeanour.
When out of balance this dosha can compromise digestive function. It could also diminish one’s passion and inspiration and can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
To keep this physiological type in balance and healthy, you should follow the Vata Diet Plan in spring and summer and the Kapha Diet Plan from late fall (autumn) and throughout the winter along with the rules below that pertain specifically to this combines dosha type.
Habits to Balance Vata Kapha
- Awake early ideally before sunrise and try to get to bed before 10pm.
- On rising drink 500ml of warm/hot water
- Have Ginger and Cinnamon Chai every morning.
- Brush or scrape the tongue with a tongue scraper.
- Do I-Yoga Sun Salutation or mild exercise for 20 to 30 minutes every morning.
- Meditate for 10 minutes. Mediation Techniques will be provided as plan progresses.
- Breakfast should include acidic fruit (citrus fruit or berries) and warm drinks. Ginger and Cinnamon Tea or Redbush Masala Chai.
- Lunch should be your biggest meal.
- Dinner should be same portion size as lunch by lighter food. Soups and stews.
- Do I-Yoga Moon Salutation or 20 minutes light exercise (like walking or cycling) every evening.
Vata-Kapha needs three meals a day. Breakfast should be light and lunch and dinner should be about the same size. Lunch is fairly open with heavier foods.
If you desire to eat sweets late in the evening then your dinner was not nourishing. You should include some sweet vegetable like squash for dinner.